More than 300 medical professionals joined the two-day inaugural conference of the Australian Islamic Medical Association (AIMA) in Sydney on Sat 13-Sun 14 May 2023 and while networking discussed a variety of topics intersecting modern medicine and Islamic ethics.
The conference explored a wide range of topics around the theme of The Past, Present and Future of Health, including the following:
- Healing with Heart and Faith: Prophetic lessons for Muslim Healthcare Professionals
- Medicine: an exercise of the imagination
- The History of Medicine in the Medieval Islamic world and its influence on Modern Medicine.
- The Spoon maker’s Diamond and the future of Australian Muslims healthcare
- Breaking Down Barriers: How Muslim Healthcare Professionals can build Bridges and drive inclusion in Healthcare
- Muslim Jurists on Assisted Reproductive Technology and Reproductive Tissue Transplantation
- Islamic perspectives on end of life issues and brain death
- Uncovering the Genetic Basis of Cardiac Diseases: The role of Genomic Testing
- Clinician Emotional Wellbeing: Thriving over Surviving
- From Preconception to Precision medicine: The Power of Genomic Testing in Carrier screening and diagnosis
- Building a better World: FIMA’s Global network of Islamic Medical Associations
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning in healthcare- challenges and opportunities
- Digital health, Future of medicine and medical technologies
- Juggling Medicine and Faith: Navigating the Unique Challenges Faced by Muslim Students and Young Doctors.
- The Muslim Physician and the Ethics of Medicine